The TEAM Award is sponsored by:
Leadership: Your team provides leadership in the application of information technologies to increase opportunities and accessibility for student learning. The CoSN TEAM Award recognizes a team in a school district or educational service agency whose impact on the role of technology in transforming learning has been significant.
2013 Team Award Winner:
Mooresville Graded School District, NC
Purpose and Qualifications
Eligibility: Nominate a team of technology leaders! Any team may apply, but the ideal team would consist of the key leadership team, such as the superintendent, chief technology officer, chief curriculum leader, teachers, parents, students and others. We encourage applicants to include other partners such as school board members, the business community, cultural entities (such as museums and libraries), state education networks, and other community members.
Award: Four complimentary conference registrations for the team, $2,000 toward travel expenses, and a profile in Scholastic Administr@tor Magazine.
The winner will be notified in January and recognized at the 2013 CoSN Annual Conference.
If you belong to a chapter state, please contact the chapter directly with any questions. Our chapter states are: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Building Community: Your team creates communication vehicles that help parents, teachers and educational leaders form partnerships to engage students in the learning process.
- Innovation: Your team uses technology to provide solutions that are based on best practices and can be replicated to meet such challenges as:
- Using data to improve decision-making,
- Providing increased access to education through such media as online learning.
- Linking homes to schools and to the broader community, or
- Providing access and solutions for all segments of learners in order to bridge the digital divide that separates the affluent from the poor.
- Impact: Your team makes a difference by creating major change in the district or ESA.
- Public/Private Partnerships: Your team develops important effective public and/or private sector partnerships and policies that provide connectivity to learners in schools.
Katy Independent School District, TX
Cullman City Schools, AL
2011 Honorable Mention
Littleton Public Schools, CO
Irving ISD, TX
2010 Honorable Mentions
Boulder Valley School District, CO
New Canaan High School, CT
North Kansas City Schools, KS
Bryan Independent School District, TX
Kiel Area School District, WI
2007 Honorable Mentions
Special Individual School Award: St. Joseph's Academy, LA
Perquimans County Schools, NC
School District of Hudson, WI
Montgomery County, MD