The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) seeks a self-motivated, independent problem solver to manage the association’s membership database, website and social media marketing communications for the leading professional membership association for K-12 CTOs. This position supports all departments of CoSN for online, email, social media communications using Association and Content Management Systems (AMS/CMS), an integrated database and website. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the website; supporting the content and membership database; training/mentoring staff, consultants, volunteers, and members; managing vendor relationships to ensure the continuity and integrity of the overall system; and communicating with CoSN members and supporters.
Employment Opportunities at CoSN
Conference and Events Manager
The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) seeks a self-motivated, independent problem solver to assist with the events for the leading professional membership association for K-12 CTOs. The Manager of Conference and Events is responsible for organizing, planning and executing regional CTO clinics and other events throughout the year. Serves as the main liaison with outside vendor for the Annual Conference.
Annual Conference Exhibitors and Sponsors Services
Financial and Administrative Responsibilities
- Serves as the main point of coordination with 1105 Media, our external conference operations partner, on all aspects of the Annual Conference and follows the agreed upon timeline
- Works with 1105 Media and volunteers on the Call for Presentations
- Develops prospectus for exhibitors and sponsors
- Manages sale of space for @Innovation Central and procurement of branding materials providing this information to 1105 Media in a timely manner
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to sponsors and exhibitors, as well as a customer service representative to respond to attendee phone and email inquiries regarding the conference
- Provides follow up after Conference, including thank you letters, and dissemination of survey
- Regional CTO Events
- Assumes lead responsibility for all logistics associated with CTO clinics, including oversight of registration, compilation of program book, sponsorship fulfillment, updating website, ordering food and beverage and tracking expenses
- Creates, manages and reconciles detailed budget for CTO Clinics and other events and executes accordingly
- Maintains accurate and updated files
- Reviews event bills for accuracy and follows process for payment
- Ensures that websites for all events are up to date with current information
- Oversees planning and logistics for Board of Directors meetings, CTO Forums and Feedback Focus Forums
- Works with the Auction Committee and consultant on the annual Advocacy Auction & Dinner
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in events management
- Proven ability to effectively plan events from beginning to end
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well independently and in a professional manner
- Detail oriented, dependable, mature and flexible, with initiative and capacity to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity of both association management databases, as well as standard office productivity applications
CoSN provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
Send a cover letter and resume outlining your experience as it directly relates to this position.
Emails only to HR@cosn.org
. No calls please.
Web and Database Manager
Organizes and updates the AMS/CMS on a regular basis. Develops and maintains content on the website. Assists in writing new content and editing contributions from multiple-content providers. Documents procedures using the AMS/CMS, suggests enhancements. Serves as coach/mentor to staff, consultants, volunteers, and members on how to use the AMS/CMS.
- Manages the external relationship with the AMS/CMS vendor, coordinates internal help requests, and assists with the external IT contracts. Coordinates and integrates existing and new modules.
- Uses web analytics to generate reports to assess and measure usage and accuracy.
- Develops and implements plan for electronic distribution of various CoSN communications including CoSN’s semi-monthly members only newsletter. Maintains various email distribution lists for internal and external communication.
- Plans and directs social media communications, including the coordination and management of content distribution through various platforms.
- Assists CoSN staff with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience working with a membership-based organization.
- Experience with Association (membership database) and Content (website) Management Systems. CoSN will be migrating to Avectra and preference will be given to candidates experienced in working with that platform or relevant experience with other association management databases/content management systems. Experience with Drupal a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of HTML, CSS, web communications standards and trends, Google Analytics, SEO and usability. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Constant Contact. Additional training will be provided.
- Self-motivated, independent problem solver. Possess strong time management and organizational skills. Exceptional communication and writing skills. Ability to management several tasks at once. Proven track record of providing customer and staff service.
- Candidate will have experience in some or all of these areas of social media communications: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube online discussions/blogs, webinars (Adobe Connect), power point presentations, videos, email distribution lists (list serves), online document/project management systems, mobile apps and other platforms.
- Occasional travel required within the DC metro area and nationally.
Send a cover letter and resume outlining your experience as it directly relates to this position. Include salary range.
Emails only to HR@cosn.org. No calls please.
Member Services Internship (Unpaid)
The Member Services Intern is responsible for building CoSN’s Membership base and promoting the benefits of CoSN's membership program through extensive internet-based research and data entry. The Member Services Intern assists members with the renewal process and provides information on tools, resources, and any additional support requested by members.
- Makes outbound calls to CoSN members on specific subjects (as instructed by Supervisor) such as renewal of membership, updating/confirming, contact information, answer questions, and provide resolution to member issues.
- Data Entry such as creating contact lists, updating prospect list profiles, etc
- Accurately and concisely documents member and prospective member procedures and calls
- Collaborates with the Membership Coordinator within the department to run membership reports and perform other data analysis as requested.
- Build prospect lists through exploratory list and research (mostly internet-based).
- Extensive research reviewing websites, newsletters, brochures, and other publications in order to build CoSN’s prospective member knowledge.
- Organizes and maintains relevant files and documentation.
Graphic design experience/aptitude is a strong plus in this position and will allow the intern to take increased ownership over communications projects.
- Working toward a BA Degree
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft applications
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High level of accuracy in the performance of tasks and functions
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to concept-sell the benefits of a service or program and overcome objections to participation
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good command of the English language, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in education or education technology is a plus
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 19th for consideration.