Calling All Leaders!
The nominations for CoSN's Board of Directors for 2016-17 have closed. For future reference, see below to learn more about the obligations.
In 2016, we will elect:
- Three institutional members (from school districts, nonprofits, state DoEs, education service agencies, etc.)
- One corporate member
The CoSN Board for 2016-17 will contain 15 members. Institutional members are the largest group, plus 3 corporate members and 1 individual member. Our thoughtful, innovative, and strategic leaders help guide our mission and inform our decisions.
Board nominations closed on October 1, 2016
What responsibilities and obligations does the Board have?
- Represent the membership category from which one is elected
- Serve a three-year term at the time of election. Board members may be re-elected for a second term, but may not serve more than 6 consecutive years (except in service as CoSN Chair)
- Commit to attend three face-to-face Board meetings annually, at CoSN and ISTE’s annual conferences and a fall meeting. (board members are not compensated for travel and accommodations)
- Assist in fundraising by identifying prospective members/donors
- Commit to serving in leadership positions, including on CoSN committees and activities
- Recommend qualified volunteer leaders
- Speak to others about the work of CoSN in order to shine a spotlight on the organization
- Provide strategic guidance and advice
Board members have experience:
- Building long-term advocacy or research partnerships in the private and public sectors
- Implementing collaborative work structures such as communities of practice
- Participating in and leading state ed tech organizations or CoSN state chapters
- Designing, organizing, and executing professional learning/advancement events
- Working with association finances to assess the overall financial health of organization