Using the Framework for Professional Development and Hiring
The Framework of Essential Skills of the K-12 CTO
is the body of knowledge on which the CETL certification is based. It clearly identifies the knowledge and skills education technology leaders must have to perform their jobs successfully. The Framework
can also be used by Superintendents and other district leaders to
- Create a clearly identifiable role for the CTO within a district’s leadership structure.
- Address the dual aspects of a CTO’s job, the instructional and the technical, thereby serving as a self-assessment.
- Help CTOs and aspiring CTOs target professional training needs.
- Focus on the broad body of knowledge required to ensure all skill areas identified in the Framework are acquired by education technology professionals.
- Act as a roadmap for CoSN, providing direction for future initiatives while providing a link to existing ones.
Click here for ways in which Superintendents and other district leaders can use the Framework to increase the skills of your education technology staff.