The CoSN Value of Investment (VOI) Leadership Initiative provides tools for K-12 school leaders to measure and articulate the costs and benefits of proposed technology projects.
VOI Methodology & Tools include a proposed project evaluation approach supported by an online project Cost Estimator and a Project Benefits Worksheet.
Additional helpful VOI resources include:
1) White papers, articles and presentations with CoSN content
2) Relevant information from other sources, including Gartner's Total Value of Opportunity (TVO)
3) What’s New updates
4) Case Studies on One-to-one Student Computing, Online Learning, Formative Assessment and student mobile learning devices
What you can do?
• Submit your own case study brief and share with others
• Join the Advisory Panel ( for CoSN members Only)
VOI is a component of SmartIT, a new initiative that reflects the ongoing priority for technology leaders to strategically plan and manage IT investments. SmartIT will provide tools and resources that focus on Student Outcomes & Budget Management, Total Cost of Ownership, Value of Investment, and Sustainable Computing.
Permission is granted under a Creative Commons Attribution License to replicate, copy, distribute, transmit, or adapt the information on these pages provided attribution is provided. © CoSN 2010.