CTO Leadership Forums are held twice a year (CoSN's and ISTE's Annual Conferences) and provide opportunities for district-level technology directors to share information with their peers and keep up-to-date on best practices and solutions to ed tech challenges. CTO Forum Reports are written after each event. Access the Knowledge Center
to read these members-only publications. These events are free,
but registration is required
2013 CTO Forums
Upcoming: The Technology Department Landscape: That was Then, This is Now!
Monday, June 24, 2013 | 2:00 - 3:30pm Ballroom C, Hyatt Lonestar (at the ISTE Annual Conference in San Antonio, TX).
Today’s K-12 Technology Departments are evolving from departments of technical experts to collaborative teams with business, leadership, and instructional skills. Successful technology teams work across departments to create a shared vision, collaborate with instructional departments, and further the district mission. They consistently demonstrate the value and impact of IT. Discuss building your own Technology Department Dream Team, starting with ensuring you have the needed skills to serve today's students.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Adobe, Amplify, Gartner, Hewlett-Packard, Kajeet, Lenovo, Lightspeed Systems, Microsoft, Pearson, Pearson Foundation, Qualcomm, SAFARI Montage, Samsung, Schooldude, SmartTechnologies, and Steelcase.
Past CTO Forums
If you're a CoSN member, you can access member-only reports of all of these events in our Knowledge Center.
- The "Undiscussables" of Technology Leadership: Engaging in Challenging Conversations (2013)
- Common Core Standards--How Technology Services & Curriculum Can Work Together When We Think Differently (2012) (CTO Forum Report includes a special 20th Anniversary section: "Ready to Walk the Coals? Now is the Time for Audacious Leadership")
- Prove IT: What Does the Research Say About Technology in Education? (2012)
- Whose Data Is It Anyway? Public and Private Data in the Age of Sharing. (2011)
- Serving our Customers: Meeting Today’s Students and Teachers on their Terms (2011)
- Turning Tech Novices into Building-Level Champions (2010)
- Leadership and Collaboration for Better Broadband (2010)
- Kicking the Tires of Education Technology: What are the Obstacles and Promises for Delivering Value in the Here and Now? (2010)
- Leveraging Banned Technologies to Create Ubiquitous Learning Environments (2009)
- How 2B A Disruptive Technology Leader (2009)
- Using Digital Content: The Essential Role of the District Technology Leader (2008)