Teaming for Transformation:
CoSN congratulates each of the current districts that have joined the Teaming for Transformation district cadre made up of over 110 district and school leaders!
Leading Digital Conversion for Student Learning
Beginning now through CoSN’s 18th Annual Conference in March 2013, in support of their visions for a digital conversion this exclusive network of district and school leaders will:
“Education has reached a point in time when now, more than ever, school systems need to leverage experiences and expertise from other leading school districts to advance student-centered learning in a digitally-rich environment,” said Keith Kruger, CEO of CoSN. “The ‘Teaming for Transformation’ participants, all of which represent a diverse pool of districts, reflect their leadership and commitment to a culture of instruction for today's learners and access to rich digital resources where a student has continuous access to electronic resources.”
- collaborate online through an exclusive Community of Practice hosted by epic-ed and
- meet face-to-face in the Mooresville Graded School District October 2012.
This unique opportunity includes:
Teaming for Transformation will focus upon how to:
- A private space for participating cohorts on epic-ed, an online community focused on digital conversion.
- Membership in a private online community of practice on epic-ed for district and school leadership teams focused on a digital conversion to on infusing digital resources and tools into the teaching and learning process.
- A two-day site visit to Mooresville, NC— one of the premier districts leading this effort.
The 25 districts selected to participate in the network are:
- Lead a digital conversion for student learning in your district.
- Build and advance a culture of instruction with digital resources and tools.
- Create and support a digital learning environment that reaches every student and every teacher.
Interested in participating.
- Barrington Community Unit School District 220 (Barrington, IL)
- Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union (Sunderland, VT)
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District (University Heights, OH)
- Community Consolidated School District 93 (DuPage, IL)
- Community Unity School District #4 (Mendon, IL)
- East Noble School Corporation (Kendallville, IN)
- Escambia County School District (Pensacola, FL)
- Geneva Community Unit School District 304 (Geneva, IL)
- Gwinnett County Public Schools (Suwanee, GA)
- Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX)
- Katy ISD (Katy, TX)
- Knox County Schools (Knoxville, TN)
- Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95 (Lake Zurich, IL)
- Lewisville Independent School District (Lewisville, TX)
- Liberty Public Schools (Liberty, MO)
- MSD Southwest Allen County (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Merced River School District (Winton, CA)
- Mountain Brook Schools (Mountain Brook, AL)
- Passaic City (Passaic, NJ)
- Plainfield Community School Corporation (Plainfield, IN)
- Richland School District Two (Columbia, SC)
- Salem City Schools (Salem, VA)
- School District of Menomonee Falls (Menomonee Falls, WI)
- Talladega County Schools (Talladega, AL)
- West Feliciana (St. Francisville, LA)
CoSN is continuing to review applications for additional districts leadership team that are also interested in collaborating online and face-to-face towards improving student-centered learning in a digitally rich learning environment. For further information contact Ann Ware, email@example.com.
For more detailed information, please download the Teaming for Transformation PDF.
This leadership professional learning opportunity is produced in partnership with CoSN, AASA, Mooresville Graded School District, Epic-Ed, Empowering the 21st Century Superintendent (a CoSN Initiative), and the Friday Institute. Teaming for Transformation is made possible with support from Follett Library Resources, Pearson and Discovery Education.