Find out which membership is right for you and learn about exclusive member benefits.
This effort helps educational leaders overcome the barriers and develop, plan, implement and manage policies to effectively enable mobile learning. We explore and develop resources that support school leaders at this critical juncture of exponential growth in mobile learning. Specifically, we examine the impact of mobility on school cultures, the digital divide, and informal learning.
CoSN is grateful for the following sponsors for their support of this initiative: Adobe, Amplify, Blackboard, Gartner, HP, Kajeet, Lenovo, Lightspeed Systems, Pearson Foundation, Qualcomm, and SmartTechnologies.
CoSN’s work to improve teaching and learning experiences through the use of mobile devices includes:
• Highlighting leadership, research and best practices for using mobile learning devices as effective tools in teaching and learning.
• Identifying district policies that hinder the effective deployment of mobile learning devices.
• Developing strategies and tools for the successful deployment of mobile learning technologies in school districts.
This guide provides key information and tips to educate and support administrators interested in implementing mobile learning. It addresses common questions from administrators including:
• How do we create a program with a sustainable impact on teaching and learning?
• What are the steps involved in implementing a mobile learning program?
• How do we optimize the investment of our technology dollars?
• How do we choose devices, networks and software for our implementation?
• What are the security considerations in implementing a mobile learning program?
• What are the policy considerations for a mobile learning program?
• What are the professional development considerations?
• What are the teaching models associated with mobile learning?
• What are the options for funding a mobile learning program?
The guide also includes a mix of best practices, outlines, and resources in a variety of formats (blogs, videos, websites, reports).
Explore the Administrator’s Guide to Mobile Learning.
Use this infographic to follow seven steps to implement a mobile learning program.