Members : To take advantage of member pricing, please login to your CoSN account. To learn more about CoSN membership please email us.
CoSN, Project Management Institute (PMI), and Project Management Institute Educational Foundation are pleased to offer CoSN members 5 e-learning courses at special member rates. Full course descriptions are available below. When you download this item, you will receive a confirmation email with specialized links to purchase each of the five courses.
1. Essentials of Project Management (CAPM® Prep) - $350
This online, self-paced course will benefit anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of managing projects, with a focus on preparing for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential exam. Each module offers a concentrated review of the project management processes, organized by Knowledge Area, as presented within A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 5th Edition, and includes exercises, terms, and a set of exam practice questions. Successful completion of this course provides the contact hours needed to meet the credential application requirements.
2. Project Management Foundation - $299
If you’re just getting started in project management or are new to working with project teams (or have stakeholders or colleagues who are!), this is must-have training. Our 12-hour course provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of project management. A simple interface - including a real-world video case study - covers key components of projects, including a section dedicated to each of the five Project Management process groups of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Designed for project team members, stakeholders and “accidental” project managers, this self-paced training demonstrates how to “speak” project management and grasp the basics. Make meetings and projects more efficient to enable extraordinary outcomes. Become familiar with the tools, verbiage and process that are important components of every project.
What’s Covered (Bullet Points):
• Initiating projects, including describing and organizing the project, involving people and aligning expectations.
• Planning projects, including the basics of planning, setting up the WBS, identifying tasks and scheduling.
• Executing projects, including managing the plan and subcontractors and soft (people) skills.
• Monitoring projects, including capturing performance data, reporting and identifying options for corrective action.
• Controlling and Closing projects, including the acceptance process and turnover, project archives and knowledge transfer.
3. Agile in the Program Management Office (full series) - $180
Travel to Waterfall Island where you serve as a PMO director and guide the transformation of your office from a waterfall-based to an agile-based PMO. Explore the jungle, caves, and ancient cities of Waterfall Island to uncover or discover the differences between waterfall and agile management. Join a virtual team of your peers who are facing the same challenges and risks with the eSeminarsWorld course, Agile in the Program Management Office. In this interactive eSeminarsWorld course, you learn from an expert instructor, share your positive and negative experiences with your peers, and network on the emerging topic of Agile in the PMO.
By the end of this course, you will learn to:
• Prepare key stakeholders for the changes Agile principles and processes will bring
• Work with governance to conduct reviews of agile-based projects and programs
• Manage a mixed portfolio
• Improve your project management office’s performance using Agile principles and processes.
4. Change Management (full series) - $357.50
It’s a game of chance. As you progress through the processes of change management you will calculate the risks of the choices you make when creating a change management plan, engaging with stakeholders, countering resistance to change, and measuring the effectiveness of implemented changes to meet strategic goals. Spin the wheel and see which program metric is in the red, cut the deck and see which stakeholder is on the rampage. Response strategically to meet your program’s goals. Confident in your choices? Double down on your skills and hit the jackpot!
By the end of this series, you will learn to:
• Assess your organization’s readiness for changes that meet your organization’s strategic goals.
• Create a change plan that supports your organization’s strategic goals.
• Implement a change plan that supports your organization’s structure, culture, and strategic goals.
• Monitor and measure change transition that supports your organization’s structure, culture, and strategic goals.
5. Speaking "Up": How to Effectively Engage Executives and Sponsors - $101.25
Why take one step forward when you can take three? This three-course eLearning track shows you how to command a project by effectively communicating with the people whose support
you need most – executives and sponsors.
a. Techniques for Communicating Effectively with Senior Executives
b. Preparing to Communicate Effectively at the 'C' Level
c. Influencing Your Project Sponsor
Learn proven techniques to clearly communicate ‘upward’ to senior leadership, navigate the C-suite and leverage your potential to get what you (and your project) need from executives. If your goal is project success, you need to speak their language – and now you can!