1) Digital Equity Dashboard
CoSN’s Digital Equity Dashboard is an innovative and practical tool designed to help school districts and communities leverage data to close digital equity gaps. This powerful instrument integrates various national data sets into one comprehensive dashboard. By anonymizing the data and breaking it down into county, school district and zip code units, the Digital Equity Dashboard provides school and community leaders with valuable data to inform decision-makers and address equity concerns.
- To learn more about how school districts and communities can effectively employ the dashboard, explore CoSN’s informative video tutorials.
- Take a deep dive into the Digital Equity Dashboard at our upcoming webinar on September 13, 2023. (All registrants will receive a recording of the Webinar.)
- Explore the Dashboard here.
2) AI in Education
The advent of Generative AI presents an unprecedented opportunity for K-12 institutions. CoSN Resources on AI offer insight, advice and peer experiences that will guide EdTech leaders in harnessing the power of AI to enhance learning. The AI in Education Community, along with resources, blogs and webinars, serves as a platform for discovering innovative strategies for schools and districts.
- Check out the CoSN Blog Series on Artificial Intelligence.
- Watch the CoSN Webinar Series: Generative AI — The New School Supply? (Recording available here (member exclusive), Podcast here.)
In today’s digital landscape, safeguarding our schools’ networks and information is paramount. CoSN Tools and Resources on Cybersecurity empower EdTech leaders to analyze their current security status, reduce risks, and contribute to effective teaching and learning environments. CoSN resources include information on Planning; Prevention & Preparation; Implementation; and Response.
- Read the CoSN Cybersecurity Staffing Resource for K-12, which identifies and addresses staffing cybersecurity across the K-12 organization.
- Read “Making the Case for Increased Investment in Cybersecurity,” which identifies actions a school system IT staff can take to better defend IT infrastructure.
- Check out the Cybersecurity Leadership Game, a valuable group cybersecurity professional development tool.
CoSN’s Driving K-12 Innovation 2023 series continues to provide trend reports that support the integration of emerging technologies in education. With insights from a global advisory board of K-12 leaders, practitioners and changemakers, this initiative delves into the themes driving, hindering, and enabling teaching and learning innovation at schools.
- Check out CoSN blogs on K-12 Innovation — including Be a Catalyst for Change: 10 Expert Tips for Driving K-12 Innovation in the New School Year and How Learner Agency Can Accelerate Innovation — to learn more.
- Read about the Top 2023 Hurdles and Accelerators and Top 2023 Tech Enablers driving K-12 innovation for the year ahead.
- Stay informed by signing up for the CoSN Roadmap to Innovation newsletter.
The CoSN K-12 Community Vendor Assessment Tool (K-12CVAT) offers a framework for K-12 schools, districts and education service districts to assess vendor risk. Before purchasing a third-party solution, ask the solution provider to complete the K-12CVAT tool to confirm that information, data and cybersecurity policies are in place to protect sensitive school system information and constituents’ PII.
- Download the K-12 Community Vendor Assessment Tool.
6) Disaster Preparation
Before a disaster strikes, it is incumbent upon school system IT personnel to have emergency operations plans in place to ensure continuity of learning. Natural disasters can be spontaneous events, requiring school system leaders to implement and train team members on procedures so that they can act swiftly. Administrative and school personnel should be able to assess damage quickly, update all stakeholders, bring critical systems back online, and resume operations as quickly as possible.
- Building a Learning Continuity Plan
- Building Your Disaster Recovery “GO KIT” (member exclusive)
- Strategies for Building Information Security Governance (member exclusive)
7) Asset Management and Budgeting
In the face of tight IT budgets, assessing the costs and benefits of educational tech projects is crucial. CoSN provides the tools to assist K-12 districts in estimating overall expenses and advantages, which aids in project assessment, validation and long-term viability. Grasping the complete computing expenses is vital for strategic planning, budgeting, and adapting to shifting needs and technologies.
- Explore CoSN resources on Value of Investment (VOI), Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Asset Disposal, Lifecycle Replacement planning and more.
- Budgeting, TCO & VOI
- Implementing Asset Management (member exclusive)
- Implementing Asset Disposal (member exclusive)
Lifecycle Replacement Planning (member exclusive)
8) Trusted Learning Environment Seal (TLE Seal)
The CoSN Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Seal is the nation’s only privacy framework designed specifically for school systems. The TLE program helps K-12 schools and districts build strong, effective privacy programs and a culture of trust and transparency.
9) Fall Courses
CoSN’s online courses target the skill areas in CoSN’s Framework of Essential Skills of the K-12 CTO, offer CEA Credits for CETL® recertification, and access to course materials for a full year. Register now for Early Bird & Bulk Pricing discounts!
- Student Data Privacy: Laying the Foundation
- CETL Foundation
- Cybersecurity in K-12 Schools
- Project Management
- Cybersecurity Online Workshop 101
10) CoSN Blogs, Webinars and Podcasts
Rev up your EdTech journey through a world of FREE blogs from our vibrant CoSN Members. From AI to EdTech Leadership, Cybersecurity to K-12 Innovation, our blogs cover it all. But that’s not the end of the adventure! Join us for our timely webinars, tailor-made for EdTech leaders like you. Members enjoy them free, while non-members get in on the action at a small cost. And guess what? We’ve got podcasts too, so you can catch up on-the-go.
Stay up-to-date with the latest through CoSN’s FREE weekly EdTech Dispatch newsletter! Subscribe today and explore insights, trends, and innovations in edtech. Plus, if you aren’t already, don’t miss the chance to enhance your network and knowledge by becoming a member of CoSN.
Search the CoSN Website by topic to find exactly what you need!
Questions? Email Dr. Jill Brown of Professional Learning, email@example.com.
Published on: September 3, 2023
CoSN is vendor neutral and does not endorse products or services. Any mention of a specific solution is for contextual purposes.
Press release with only publicly available resources: