Superintendents can make or break educational technology initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring that their school districts embrace transformative digital learning. CoSN collaborates with superintendents to assess their challenges and increase their capacities to lead technology efforts. We are dedicated to helping current and aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams to build on their knowledge, skills, and confidence.
EmpowerED Superintendents' Initiative is done in partnership with AASA, the School Superintendents Association.
CoSN staff contact: Jill Brown, MA, Ph.d., Director of Professional Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
The 23-24 EmpowerED Superintendent edLeader Panel Series
School district leaders face many challenges leading schools and driving school improvement. Collaboration with peers is one of the most effective ways to learn about effective ideas and practices. CoSN, AASA, and edWeb.net are co-hosting an online professional learning community and edWebinar series to help superintendents connect and collaborate to help each other in this endeavor. You can attend the edWebinars live to connect with peers in real-time, or view the recordings. Join the Super-Connected community on edWeb for online discussions and resources. We thank our sponsor ClassLink for this continued collaboration.
edWeb CE Certificates may be used for CETL® Recertification Read More
Mondays from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
September 11, 2023 Leading Learning in the 2023-2024 School Year: Challenges and Opportunities Recording
October 9, 2023 Artificial Intelligence and Generative AI: Empowering a Deeper Conversation Recording
November 13, 2023 Leveraging Technology to Provide Equitable Learning Opportunities for ALL Recording
January 8, 2024 Proactive Leadership Regarding Cybersecurity in School Systems Recording
February 12, 2024 Leading Learning That Truly Meets the Needs of Each Student Recording
March 11, 2024 Leading Effective Data Privacy Processes Within a School District Setting Register
Professional Development Opportunities
Support you and your staff's professional learning needs with CoSN's affordable K-12 focused online courses and workshops facilitated by national subject matter experts in the areas of CoSN's CETL® Certification & K-12 CTO’s Framework of Essential Skills, Cybersecurity, Project Management, Early Career CTO Needs, Student Data Privacy, and Building Your IT Hiring Pipeline.
CoSN also offers affordable customized courses & in-house professional development options for schools or districts.
We can provide nationally recognized subject matter expert instructors or fully developed courses for you to facilitate with in-house experts housed in our LMS.
This is a convenient way to enhance your team's skills, build capacity, and foster connections with EdTech leaders across the country.
Critical Focus Areas:
Our Superintendent one-pagers are a comprehensive, consistent set of resources on various edtech topics that guide and empower superintendents and their leadership teams in leading the digital transformation. These materials will help superintendents communicate to stakeholders on important edtech topics:
- Accessibility: A Key to Creating an Equitable, Effective Learning Ecosystem Everywhere, all the Time for all Students.
- Artificial Intelligence & Generative AI: Empowering a Deeper Conversation
- Cloud Computing: E-mail, Learning Management Systems, and Productivity Tools - You've Made It to the Cloud! Now What?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity: With the growing security concerns among families, school systems, and legislators and an increased reliance on Internet accessibility, school cybersecurity is subject to more scrutiny than ever.
- Leadership for Digital Learning: How Can Districts Find Success with 1:1 Implementations? Start with the "Why"!
- Student Data Privacy: A School System Priority. An Essential Commitment.
- Network Design for Transformation & Innovation: As school systems experience growing demand for capacity, reliability, and mobility, the need for the new network is critical.
- Strategic Technology Planning and Investment: Aligning Priorities. Balancing Choice, Cost & Outcomes.
- Closing the Homework Gap: Digital Equity Strategies for Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Trusted Learning Environment: The Role of Leadership in Student Data Privacy
- Effective Technology Professional Development: The Secret Sauce for Successful Classroom Transformation
- The Importance of Interoperability in School Systems The importance of interoperability in School Systems
EmpowerED Superintendent Toolkit
Education technology is a growing part of any superintendents' role. In focus groups and interviews with superintendents nationwide, we heard that edtech projects inspire a lot of excitement, but also a lot of trepidation.
Click Download Now for:
Financing Technology Innovations
Strategies and Tools
Advisory Panel & Endorsers
CoSN is proud to have the endorsement of over 60 superintendents, associations, and industry leaders: