Superintendents can make or break educational technology initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring that their school districts embrace transformative digital learning. CoSN collaborates with superintendents to assess their challenges and increase their capacities to lead technology efforts. We are dedicated to helping current and aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams to build on their knowledge, skills, and confidence.
EmpowerED Superintendents Toolkit is done in partnership with AASA, the School Superintendents Association.
EmpowerED Superintendent Toolkit Version 3.0 Text.
Education technology is a growing part of any superintendents' role. In focus groups and interviews with superintendents nationwide, we heard that edtech projects inspire a lot of excitement, but also a lot of trepidation.
Critical Focus Areas:
Our Superintendent one-pagers are a comprehensive, consistent set of resources on various edtech topics that guide and empower superintendents and their leadership teams in leading the digital transformation. These materials will help superintendents communicate to stakeholders on important edtech topics:
- Accessibility: A Key to Creating an Equitable, Effective Learning Ecosystem Everywhere, all the Time for all Students.
- Cloud Computing: E-mail, Learning Management Systems, and Productivity Tools - You've Made It to the Cloud! Now What?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity
- Leadership for Digital Learning: How Can Districts Find Success with 1:1 Implementations? Start with the "Why"!
- Student Data Privacy: A School System Priority. An Essential Commitment.
- Smart Network Design for Transformation & Innovation - part of the SEND Initiative
- Strategic Technology Planning and Investment: Aligning Priorities. Balancing Choice, Cost & Outcomes. - part of the SmartIT initiative
- Closing the Homework Gap: Digital Equity Strategies for Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Trusted Learning Environment: The Role of Leadership in Student Data Privacy
- Effective Technology Professional Development: The Secret Sauce for Successful Classroom Transformation
- Interoper-What? The importance of interoperability in School Systems
The EmpowerED Superintendent edWebinar Series
School district leaders face many challenges leading schools and driving school improvement. Collaboration with peers is one of the most effective ways to learn about effective ideas and practices. CoSN, AASA, and edWeb.net are co-hosting an online professional learning community and edWebinar series to help superintendents connect and collaborate to help each other in this endeavor. You can attend the edWebinars live to connect with peers in real-time, or view the recordings. Join the Super-Connected community on edWeb for online discussions and resources.