Superintendents can make or break educational technology initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring that their school districts embrace transformative digital learning. CoSN collaborates with superintendents to assess their challenges and increase their capacities to lead technology efforts. We are dedicated to helping current and aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams to build on their knowledge, skills, and confidence.
EmpowerED Superintendents' Initiative is done in partnership with AASA, the School Superintendents Association.
CoSN is grateful to the following sponsors for their support: ClassLink, Dell Technologies, edWeb.net, Ed-Fi Alliance, ENA, HoverCam, Innive, and Kajeet.
Contact: Ann McMullan
EmpowerED Superintendent Toolkit
Education technology is a growing part of any superintendents' role. In focus groups and interviews with superintendents nationwide, we heard that edtech projects inspire a lot of excitement, but also a lot of trepidation.
Critical Focus Areas:
Our Superintendent one-pagers are a comprehensive, consistent set of resources on various edtech topics that guide and empower superintendents and their leadership teams in leading the digital transformation. These materials will help superintendents communicate to stakeholders on important edtech topics:
- Accessibility: A Key to Creating an Equitable, Effective Learning Ecosystem Everywhere, all the Time for all Students.
- Artificial Intelligence & Generative AI: Empowering a Deeper Conversation
- Cloud Computing: E-mail, Learning Management Systems, and Productivity Tools - You've Made It to the Cloud! Now What?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity: With the growing security concerns among families, school systems, and legislators and an increased reliance on Internet accessibility, school cybersecurity is subject to more scrutiny than ever.
- Leadership for Digital Learning: How Can Districts Find Success with 1:1 Implementations? Start with the "Why"!
- Student Data Privacy: A School System Priority. An Essential Commitment.
- Network Design for Transformation & Innovation: As school systems experience growing demand for capacity, reliability, and mobility, the need for the new network is critical.
- Strategic Technology Planning and Investment: Aligning Priorities. Balancing Choice, Cost & Outcomes.
- Closing the Homework Gap: Digital Equity Strategies for Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Trusted Learning Environment: The Role of Leadership in Student Data Privacy
- Effective Technology Professional Development: The Secret Sauce for Successful Classroom Transformation
- Interoper-What? The importance of interoperability in School Systems
The EmpowerED Superintendent edLeader Panel Series
School district leaders face many challenges leading schools and driving school improvement. Collaboration with peers is one of the most effective ways to learn about effective ideas and practices. CoSN, AASA, and edWeb.net are co-hosting an online professional learning community and edWebinar series to help superintendents connect and collaborate to help each other in this endeavor. You can attend the edWebinars live to connect with peers in real-time, or view the recordings. Join the Super-Connected community on edWeb for online discussions and resources. We thank our sponsor ClassLink for this continued collaboration.
edWeb CE Certificates may be used for CETL® Recertification Read More