CoSN has the following openings. We encourage you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Director of External Relations
Conference Coordinator (scroll down)
Job Title: Director of External Relations
Reports to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for overseeing sponsorship funding from corporate sources, as well as engaging other strategic partners to achieve our strategic vision. This position requires strong collaboration with all staff directors and CEO to ensure a successful sponsorship program.
Sponsorships and Partnerships
- Create, implement, and carry out a comprehensive and compelling sponsorship program and monitor its contribution to the financial stability of the organization.
- Establish and sustain external partnerships and alliances in ways that grow the association, provides value-added services for members, and aligns to our goals.
- Lead the effort to create and manage a robust and sustaining pipeline for relationships with new and emerging technology companies.
- Effectively track and report on sponsor status using a lead tracking database system, ensure the CoSN team has transparency around contacts and relationships, and ensure ongoing continuity of key partnerships.
- Create and share sponsor agreements with appropriate CoSN team members to ensure complete delivery of sponsor benefits and a worthwhile experience for sponsors.
- Work with the External Relations Coordinator to ensure fulfillment of promised benefits to sponsors and partners.
- Develop holistic sponsorship plans that are appealing to our corporate partners and align to the CoSN Strategic Plan.
- Report to and work closely with the CEO to ensure success of the sponsorship and partnership program, including funding from foundations and philanthropic partners.
- Work closely with the Director of Membership to ensure a robust and successful Corporate Membership program and recruitment strategy.
Essential skills required
- Demonstrated success in cultivating partnerships with corporations with expertise in the education and technology sectors. Well-developed presentation, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Proven track record of accomplishment in a nonprofit setting demonstrating measurable ability to raise sponsorship funds.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines professionally and adeptly prioritize.
- Ability to manage complex relationships with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creatively nimble work style that includes taking initiative, working independently, adeptly negotiating and a rigorous work ethic.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred
- 7-10 years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with corporations to secure funding for association objectives, preferably in the education and/or technology sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders, volunteers, and staff.
- Experience successfully working with foundations and philanthropic partners preferred
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please outline your salary expectations.
Job Title: Conference Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Conferences and Meetings
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement registration processes for all association meetings.
- Support telephone and email inquiries around events.
- Support all communications around registration in collaboration with the Director of Conferences and Meetings.
- Assists with management of vendor relationships including hotels, venues, keynote speakers and other partners.
- Supports logistics including accommodations for participants and speakers; event space requirements; food and beverage needs; signage, marketing and printing; attending to any special needs; and security.
- Works with Director of Conferences and Meetings and Communications to prepare and send communications with concurrent session speakers and ensures overall logistics such as issuing confirmation letters.
- Provides follow up after Conference, including thank you letters, committee debrief, dissemination of attendee evaluations, and review of the final budget.
- Creates transparent, accurate and collaborative files.
- Ensures that websites for all events are up to date with current information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with a simplified Content Management System is preferred.
- Four Year Degree is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience working with customers via telephone and email is preferred.
- Detail oriented, dependable, mature and flexible, with initiative and capacity to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously Excellent computer skills, including familiarity of both association management databases, as well as standard office productivity applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Wordpress)
- Ability to meet limited travel requirements.
Send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifically addressing the bullet points in the job description by outlining your experience as it directly relates to this position. Please include a resume with work and salary history.