CoSN is working to advance policies that provide sustainable and robust investment in the technology required to power next-generation learning environments. We provide our members with the resources and knowledge necessary to be effective advocates at the Federal and State levels. Our current policy efforts focus on implementing the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), providing high capacity broadband for all students in schools and at home, seeking substantial funding for technology programs and protecting student data.
What's New?CoSN Education Technology News - Updated March 17, 2017
Statement on President Trump's FY18 Budget Proposal
- Trump FCC Stops Lifeline Broadband Program to Low-Income Families - Blow to Homework Gap - Official CoSN Statement
- Hear the latest policy developments by listening to the CoSN webinar, Fresh Start in Washington: Ed Tech, the New Administration and Congress
- Sec. DeVos' issued letter regarding ESSA implementation
- Commerce Committee Ranking Member Bill Nelson (D-FL) sent a letter to FCC Chairman Pai expressing concern about the FCC decision to rescing a recent E-rate progress report
- Forty House lawmakers are also pressing FCC chairman Pai to reconsider decision to block nine companies from participating in the Lifeline program
- House Voted to Overturn ESSA Accountability, Teacher-Prep Rules
Each year, CoSN hosts an Advocacy Dinner and Auction as part of our Annual Conference. Save the date for the next dinner and auction, April 4 in Chicago, IL.
Make a Donation to Support CoSN’s Advocacy Efforts
Your donation supports educator advocates, underwrites CoSN’s professional policy experts, and builds advocacy tools. Our efforts would not be possible without your generous support. Become a Friend of Advocacy and make an individual or corporate donation.