CTO Leadership Forums are held twice a year (at CoSN's and ISTE's Annual Conferences) and provide opportunities for district-level technology directors to share information with their peers and keep up-to-date on best practices and solutions to ed tech challenges. CTO Forum Reports are written after each event and made available to members in our Knowledge Center. These events are free, but registration is required.
Upcoming CTO Forums
Our next CTO Forum will be held during the 2015 ISTE Annual Conference.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, Liberty Ballroom A-B
Making the Digital Leap: What Must Happen in the District
The push towards digital learning impacts many other parts of the education enterprise in school districts. There are implications for assessment, learning management systems, student data visualization, personalization, professional development and privacy. It is a complicated and dynamic mix of projects and planning and prioritization – and ensuring that digital learning is sustainable within the district.
The CTO Forum will answer questions such as: What needs to occur in planning? How can digital learning change be sustainable? What are the benefits for students? The Forum will explore answers through a rich panel discussion and with breakout discussions at your table. Come join us to continue the discussion around digital learning and making the digital leap.
This event is free, but registration is required.
Past CTO Forums
Our previously most recent CTO Forum was held at the CoSN Annual Conference in March 2015. Moving from Vision to Action for a Digital Transformation centered around the discussion of how to shift the conversation around digital conversions. It's time to stop asking "why" and start asking "how." A CTO Forum report will be available later this summer.
If you're a CoSN member, you can access members-only reports summarizing these events in the Online Store.
- Building a Powerful Team for Blended Learning (2014)
- Demonstrating Your Value to the Superintendent & the District (2014)
- The Technology Department Landscape: That was Then, This is Now! (2013)
- The "Undiscussables" of Technology Leadership: Engaging in Challenging Conversations (2013)
- Common Core Standards--How Technology Services & Curriculum Can Work Together When We Think Differently (2012) (CTO Forum Report includes a special 20th Anniversary section: "Ready to Walk the Coals? Now is the Time for Audacious Leadership")
- Prove IT: What Does the Research Say About Technology in Education? (2012)
- Whose Data Is It Anyway? Public and Private Data in the Age of Sharing. (2011)
- Serving our Customers: Meeting Today’s Students and Teachers on their Terms (2011)
- Turning Tech Novices into Building-Level Champions (2010)
- Leadership and Collaboration for Better Broadband (2010)
- Kicking the Tires of Education Technology: What are the Obstacles and Promises for Delivering Value in the Here and Now? (2010)
- Leveraging Banned Technologies to Create Ubiquitous Learning Environments (2009)
- How 2B A Disruptive Technology Leader (2009)
- Using Digital Content: The Essential Role of the District Technology Leader (2008)