Upcoming CTO Forums
Assessing If Your School System Is Ready To Make A Digital Leap
1:30-1:45pm - Registration
1:45-3:15pm - CTO Forum
Join CoSN and colleagues as we convene the CTO Forum on June 28, 2016 during the ISTE Annual Conference. This session is designed for school district leaders to explore essential conditions for effective technology use to become the norm in our classrooms rather than the exception. Learn about and review the newly released Framework of Environmental Conditions for Success outlining essential areas and practices needed to be a successful digital school system.
This interactive session will allow participants to share best practices and also learn from colleagues through rich discussion. Leadership and vision, planning, policies, staffing and professional development, infrastructure, data, communication, and more are all necessary to be an effective education technology leader in this new educational landscape. If you are a superintendent, head of curriculum, technology, finance or a building leader, this is where you need to be during ISTE.
CTO Forums are free, but registration is required.
Past CTO Forums
Building on the Past to Invent the Future
25 years ago we connected to the internet by modem and PPP and witnessed the birth of Linux. Today, technology leaders are leading the transformation in education as mobile devices provide students access anytime and anywhere. The challenge to CTO’s is not only to lead the digital leap from a technology point of view, but to also to align human and technology resources to anticipate and support future needs. CTO’s play a pivotal role in inventing the future. The CTO forum will answer questions such as: What lessons can we learn by reflecting from our past? How can CTO’s “look beyond the horizon” to help our organizations invent the future for students and staff learning? The forum will explore answers through a rich, interactive panel discussion and with breakout table discussions with colleagues.
If you're a CoSN member, you can access members-only reports summarizing past events in the Online Store
- Building on the Past to Invent the Future (2016)
- Making the Digital Leap: What Must Happen in the District (2015)
- Moving from Vision to Action for a Digital Transformation (2015)
- Building a Powerful Team for Blended Learning (2014)
- Demonstrating Your Value to the Superintendent & the District (2014)
- The Technology Department Landscape: That was Then, This is Now! (2013)
- The "Undiscussables" of Technology Leadership: Engaging in Challenging Conversations (2013)
- Common Core Standards--How Technology Services & Curriculum Can Work Together When We Think Differently (2012) (CTO Forum Report includes a special 20th Anniversary section: "Ready to Walk the Coals? Now is the Time for Audacious Leadership")
- Prove IT: What Does the Research Say About Technology in Education? (2012)
- Whose Data Is It Anyway? Public and Private Data in the Age of Sharing. (2011)
- Serving our Customers: Meeting Today’s Students and Teachers on their Terms (2011)
- Turning Tech Novices into Building-Level Champions (2010)
- Leadership and Collaboration for Better Broadband (2010)
- Kicking the Tires of Education Technology: What are the Obstacles and Promises for Delivering Value in the Here and Now? (2010)
- Leveraging Banned Technologies to Create Ubiquitous Learning Environments (2009)
- How 2B A Disruptive Technology Leader (2009)
- Using Digital Content: The Essential Role of the District Technology Leader (2008)