CASE is the premier professional association of K-12 school leaders in the state of Colorado, representing more than 2,400 members. CALET is the department within CASE representing technology leadership. CASE membership includes the majority of superintendents, principals, school business officials, human resources managers, educational specialists, and technology leaders in Colorado. CoSN’s Board of Directors approved CALET’s request in October 2007 to become the 8th CoSN chapter.
The purpose of the Colorado Association of Leaders in Educational Technology (CALET) is:
- To provide professional development opportunities that enhance the growth of educational technologists as educational leaders.
- To influence decision-making concerning educational technology, including policy and funding, at local, state, and national levels.
- To share knowledge of technology and its application in education to other educational leaders.
- To recognize quality work and excellence in the field of educational technology.
- To network with other educational leaders and groups for whom educational technology is a priority.
- To be mindful of the goals, purposes, and bylaws of CASE, the umbrella organization, in all deliberations.