CoSN is pleased to offer the first-ever project management course that focuses on the unique needs and challenges of school system technology leaders. Using thought leadership resources and best practices, this course is aligned to CoSN’s Framework of Essential Skills for the K-12 Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the foundation for the nationally-accredited Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) program. Its structure and content are also based on the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition – a global industry standard for project management and the most widely recognized project management model for business and government.
The course was developed in collaboration with Dell Technologies.
- Weekly structured, synchronous conversations led by a knowledgeable and experienced facilitator who is CETL certified
- A network of colleagues to share experiences and resources and provide support
- Completion of a personalized design challenge that can be used in your school systems
Participants will learn the fundamentals of project management through seven modules:
- Project Management Framework
- Project Initiation
- Scope, Schedule and Budget Plan
- Resource, Risk and Procurement Plan
- Leadership and Quality Management
- Monitor and Control
- Closure and Success
About the Course Facilitator
9 CEA Credits toward CETL® recertification.