Authentication management is all about access to organizational systems and resources. The traditional approach to access control has been to assign usernames with complex password requirements. However, as the environment changes, so should the organization’s security practices.
(You must be logged in to view these member exclusive resources.)
COSN Partner Resources
- US Department of Education Office of Education Technology (NOTE These links should open in differnet tabs, not take user away from COSN Web Site) The USDoE Office of Education Technology offers a full range of resources including the following focused on education and awareness:
- Building Technology Infrastructure for Learning Guide: Resource provides practical, actionable information to help school and district leaders (including superintendents, principals, and senior technology staff) navigate the many decisions required to build a technology infrastructure that supports digital learning.
- Cybersecurity Considerations for K-12 Schools and School Districts: Resource focuses on addressing threats to a school’s or school district’s network and systems.
- MS-ISAC is a CoSN Partner organization. All US Public School Districts can become members of MS-ISAC free of charge and access a range of services provided by MS-ISAC. Preventative services offered free to members include Malicious Domain Blocking and Reporting (MDBR) https://www.cisecurity.org/ms-isac/services/mdbr
- CISA is a CoSN partner organization. They offer a range of free cyber hygiene services to all US based entities including:
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Web Application Vulnerability Scanning